The Harper Adams Gaming Society (est. Dec 2014) Gamers of all abilities are welcome.
At the Gaming Society, we provide a welcoming and friendly environment where people can socialise and de-stress while playing games (unsurprisingly)! The society has been around since 2014, and since then we have amassed quite the collection of both board games and video games for people to enjoy.
One of the things we pride ourselves on most at Gaming Society is inclusivity; we are a diverse and welcoming group from many different backgrounds and courses.
We run sessions every week, and you can find us in Faccenda from 7pm to 10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in the first term (though this may change in the second)
We run sessions every week, and you can find us in Weston from 7pm to 10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
If you’d like to get in touch, drop one of us an email or drop us a message on our Facebook page!
Chloe Green (18003600) - Chair: Head of the society, oversees action and conduct of society, support other execs in their roles.
Genevieve Kiero-Watson (18090600) - Vice Chair: Supports the other execs in their roles, first point of contact, organiser of D&D sessions for the society.
Jordan Bliss (19241300) - Treasurer: Manages the societies budget, organises sponsor details, handles purchases for the society.
Emily Turner (18160700) - Secretary: Organises society meetings, sponsors does
Tuesday is boardgame night, where members can play games such as Werewolf, Cards Against Humanity, Pandemic, Munchkin and many more. We have games suitable for big groups, small groups, laidback players and competitive players, so there really is something for everyone.
Thursday is videogame night, where members can enjoy lots of games on a variety of consoles; we’ve got an Xbox One, a PlayStation 4 and a Nintendo switch. Party games like Jackbox are often the most popular, but we have some more classic video games such as Mario Kart, Halo and Super Smash Bros. Additionally, we have a VR headset which members can take turns using, with games such as Beat Saber, Super Hot and Resident Evil 7.
Dungeons and Dragons
On Fridays, we will be running Dungeons and Dragons on Friday evenings. This tabletop roleplaying game gets more and more popular every year and is a great way to get to know other members of the society. Even if you have never played before, now is a great time to jump into the hobby.
Due to COVID-19 we may become limited in what we can run as a society, There is the potential that external trips outside of the university will be temporarily unavailable, and will only be accessible according to Governmental and University guidelines.
We will also be sure to maintain a hygienic environment, requiring members to sanitise their hands before entering, and before each new game we play. Masks are not essential but are recommended especially as we all get to know one another at the start of term, and both covid and fresher’s flu may be prevalent.
RULES OF THE SOCIETY
1. We are a society that welcomes all, there is a zero-tolerance policy to bullying and discrimination of any kind.
2. The games and consoles are to be respected, if they are maliciously damaged then you will be paying for repairs. Accidental damage will be handled by the society, providing adequate care was adhered to at the time of the accident.
3. Any grievances/problems you may have is to be raised with any member of the Exec team, that way it can be appropriately handled. Full confidentiality can be assured, and we will try our absolute best to resolve the situation the best we can – this is supposed to be a relaxed, welcoming environment, and we want you all to have as much fun as possible.
4. Participation will never be made compulsory, and nobody will be required to participate more than they are comfortable with. If yourself, or someone you know, is being forced or pressured to take actions they do not wish to, please bring it up with a member of the exec team.
5. The Exec team uphold the right to provide warnings to any members whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate in the group chat - if these warnings are ignored, execs reserve the right to eject such members from the chat.
6. The Exec team uphold the right to discuss any incidents with relevant members of the Student Union staff and, if appropriate, eject anyone from the society if they fail to comply with these rules without refund.
BY PURCHASING A MEMBERSHIP TO THE GAMING SOCIETY YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND ARE WILLING TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES.