- Representing students and ensuring the student voice is effectively heard.
- Contributing to the development of the Union strategy.
- Upholding the SU democratic system and ensuring student demographics and interests are recognised and reflected.
- Ensuring delivery of varied communications across campus.
- Ensuring the SU supports student representatives.
- Leading work on welfare, diversity and campaigns.
- Developing volunteering opportunities and links with local community groups.
- A member of the Trustee Board and SU Executive Committee as well as sitting on a number of other university committees.
I joined the university in 2018 from South Croydon to do Countryside Management. I was involved with the SU when I was a student here and was the Engagement Rep on the SU Exec. I took German and Spanish modules at Harper. My interests lie with forestry recreation and estate management. I enjoy judo and drums. I love The Apprentice and Dragon’s Den (BBC). My favourite holidays are camping and canal boat holidays. Challenge me to badminton or chess.
Why did I run for VP?
I enjoyed my time with the SU in my second year and wanted to continue the work I achieved then. I look forward to the challenge of delivering changes and improvements to the student experience in all areas I cover. The first Vice President was bought in during my first year and having someone in that position helped me get involved with student life; I hope I can give back to the uni in this way.
- Put on trips and outings
- Progress with Faccenda chill out zone
- Make it easier for students to start their own club
- Increase the social sports provision
I love Harper because…
The supportive community like atmosphere, the student wardens and the SU nights. The close knit campus makes it a friendlier place to be.
What advice would you give students this year?
Attend welcome week events, find out what’s going on, get involved with what you want to- remember everyone is new so don’t feel intimated. Remember that you have as much right to be here as anyone else so make the most of your time here and sign up to whatever you want. There are always people to speak to from wardens to the SU so make the most of them.
Talk to me about…
- Give it a go
- Widening Participation
- Clubs and societies (excluding competitive sport ones)
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Academic issues
- Access to learning and retention
- Welfare and wellbeing
- Volunteering/ community