Welcome to the Gaming Society, since our inception in 2014 our goal has been to provide an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun playing games. Having received the 2017/18 true blue awards for “Society of the Year”, the Gaming Society is now more popular than ever before. In the past we have battled against Newman University Gaming Society in a gaming competition, play-tested a brand new game that hasn’t been released (Find the Pickle) and attended Birmingham Comic Con. We also run a 12 hour gaming marathon each term where we stay up all night playing games to raise money for our chosen charity; SpecialEffect.
We run two sessions each week from 7pm-10pm:
Tuesday is Tabletop Gaming, where we get together to play new and classic board games. You can expect the likes of Monopoly, Cards Against Humanity, Werewolf, Munchkin and more.
Thursday is video games, we have a plethora of games such as Overcooked, Mario Kart, Call of Duty, Rocket League and Nintendo Land to name a few. We also many have consoles to choose from such as the PS4, Xbox 360, Wii U and Wii. Our recent addition of Playstation VR has proven to be our most popular attraction with VR games such as WipEout, Super Hot, Resident Evil 7 and Job Simulator.
We are looking to expand our inventory of board games, video games and consoles even further this year so there will be many more additions in the future such as the Nintendo Switch. There will also be more trips to Insomnia, Comic Con, EGX and another gaming varsity against Newman University.
• Ellie Wilson (Chairman) - oversees all operations of the society and planning events.
• Ashleigh Wilton (Vice Chairman) - helps our chairman with decision making and planning for upcoming events.
• Rob Ward (Treasurer) - in charge of managing the budget, buying new games and event costs.
• Jake Nadin (Secretary) - manages all communications between the society, SU and other universities/third parties.
To contact us please message our Facebook page @HAGamers!
Rules of the Society
• We are a society that welcomes all, there is a zero tolerance policy to bullying and discrimination of any kind.
• The games and consoles are to be respected, if they are maliciously damaged then you will be paying for repairs.
• Any grievances/problems you may have is to be raised with any member of the Exec team, that way it can be appropriately handled.
• Participation will never be made compulsory, and nobody will be required to participate more than they are comfortable with.
• The Exec team uphold the right to eject anyone from the society if they fail to comply with these rules without refund.
Our annual membership fee is £40 per person, the first week is free though so you can get to know everyone and enjoy what we have to offer.
If you have any questions then do not hesitate to contact the secretary via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also check out our Facebook page for regular updates.