Do you care about the student's voice? Do you have a passion for representation and for your Students' Union? Then stand for election to be one of our Students' Union President/Vice President or SU Executive! or engage and vote in our elections every March!
Every year we ask students to stand and vote for who you want to represent you as full-time President and Vice President as well as our part-time representatives. These elected students will then work on issues that affect students, gather and respond to your feedback and overall try and bring about positive changes at HA!
You can nominate yourself for election and we definitely recommend doing so if you are interested. Elections week in March is always great fun and an amazing experience, and these roles are a great opportunity to develop your leadership and communication skills.
If you aren't elected this year, you can always run again! or there are lots of opportunities for you to have your say throughout the year, such as becoming a Course Rep, joining a committee, submitting an idea, or event taking part in student feedback surveys.
Lead your Union. Campaign on the issues that matter to you. Represent the interests of 4,000 students.
Students' Union Executive Group Nominations Now Open
From January 23rd to March 25th, we're opening up the elections for your 2020-2021 student leaders! Our full-time officer team, part-time officers represent you and your voice at HAU and the wider community. Whether you’re passionate about welfare, student rights, creating positive change, holding the University to account or representing academic interests, this election is an opportunity to get your voice heard and make an impact on what matters to you at HAU. We have a total of 13 positions up for grabs! so check them out on the positions available tab, and nominate yourself below.
HOW TO VOTE OR NOMINATE YOURSELF
- Log in using the link at the top right of your screen.
- Select the election(s) you wish to take part in and the role(s) you wish to nominate yourself or vote for. When you're voting you should rank the candidates in order of preference.
- Ensure your profile is up-to-date by clicking here
- If you have any problems nominating yourself or voting please email email@example.com as soon as possible so we can resolve these for you.
- Before nominating yourself, please read our Rules & Guidelines about standing in elections. Also, make sure you upload a photo, and that your manifesto is portrait! We welcome your own designed manifestos, however, if you do not provide design, our standard election manifesto template will be applied.
- If you're considering nominating yourself we've provided some information and inspiration for potential candidates as well as some helpful hints and tips.
- For more information on the roles, click here - click on each role for a role description.
- For the full list of dates including when nominations close, click here
For more information, contact Ali Burr