With the whole of the UK currently on lockdown, why not take some of this time to binge watch some of Netflix? We’ve put together a list of 10 Netflix musts for you to watch to help you cope through these difficult times.
1. Tiger King – If you haven’t already, this is a must watch. Rated Netflix’s number one to watch, this crime documentary has everything you could imagine. The series dives into the world of big cat owners in an exploration of one mans path from zoo owner to convicted criminal.
2. Don’t F**k with Cats – Don’t let the name deceive you. Don’t F**k with Cats tells the true story of one of Canada’s most infamous murderers. This docu-series follows the story of the murder of international Chinese student, Lin Jun, killed and dismembered by Luka Magnotta, who became famous across the internet by circulating videos of himself killing kittens.
3. The Platform - If you have a love for horror films then this might be one for you. A deeply disturbing film about isolation and starvation, this film is not for the faint of heart. There is blood, there is gore, there is cannibalism and pretty much everything else that you might think would be hard to watch.
4. The Stranger – Based on the novel by Harlan Coben, this series is slightly haunting and packed full of secrets. It all starts with a stranger who approaches a man with a secret kept by his wife which then throws him into a world of danger. The plot is a complex one, but once you start watching, you can’t stop.
5. Ozark – Rated in Netflix’s top 10 to watch., Ozark is an American Crime drama about a married couple who are forced to relocate to the Ozarks to launder money for a Mexican drug cartel.
6. Brooklyn Nine Nine – A warm hearted series starring one of the worlds most loved casts! Brooklyn Nine Nine is an easy to watch series about the NYPD with a great balance of comedy and action. The series revolves about Jake Peralta, an immature but talented detective in Brooklyn’s fictional 99th precinct. You’re bound to fall in love with all the characters from the stern Captain Raymond to the disgusting Hitchcock and Scully,
7. The Heist – An action packed crime series that starts out all about a group of unique robbers that take hostages and lock themselves in the Royal Mint of Spain. Recently reviewed as one of the most addictive shows on Netflix, make sure to start it if you haven’t already!
8. Gossip Girl – One for the ladies! Gossip Girl is a series we can all binge watch multiple times and each time it never fails to disappoint! Money, boys and bitches, what’s not to love about it? A series all about rich kids living on the upper east side getting into a series of scandals, back stabbing each other and dating too many bad boys!
9. Lost Girls – Based on the harrowing true story of the Long Island Serial Killer, the unidentified killer, believed to have killed between 10-16 people across a span of 20 years. Determined to find her missing daughter, a desperate woman launches a personal investigation that leads police to the unsolved cases of multiple other murdered sex workers.
10. Drive To Survive – A series based on Formula one racing, a Red bull racing driver prepares himself for the opening race of what he believes to be the most important season of his career. This is definitely a must watch for racing fans warming up for the 2020 season.