We’re the Harper Outdoor Pursuits Society (HOPS), an open and inclusive club looking to get students from all backgrounds both with experience in outdoor activities and people who want to try something new to join. We’re well known at Harper for being one of the best and diverse clubs to be part of, with a great exec team, whose job it is to make sure our members have the best time!
We schedule regular outings and trips throughout the year such as hikes, rock climbing, kayaking, high ropes and pony trekking. The activities we organise will be based on our member’s interests so there is something for everyone! We also hold regular socials where drinking is optional.
It’s easy to join and members should be a part of it to enjoy the benefits of being in Harper Outdoor Pursuits club.
- Members receive a discounted percentage off the price of all trips
- Members will be entitled to join the fortnightly socials
- Members will have priority over non-members when it comes to trips
- Only members will be chosen for exec roles for the following year
Our membership rules are:
- On events run by external organisations, anyone attending must listen to instructors and comply with their safety instructions
- Drivers must drive in an appropriate law abiding manner to and from HOPS events
- Members must inform an exec of any medical conditions they have
- Do not bully or apply peer pressure to other members, and inform an exec of anyone doing so
- Look out for fellow members on HOPS events
- Non members can attend trips, but will have to pay the full price of the trip and cannot attend socials after a few weeks from the start of term
Our current execs are:
President - George Billington
Vice President - Amy Carter
Publicity - Natalie Stanley
Treasurer - Gwen Townsend
Secretary - Caits McKay
Should you have any queries or concerns, please contact our President or Vice President or alternatively email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help!
Social Media accounts: