- Find out who else shares your interest (groups on Facebook are really handy!)
- Make sure you're all on the same page, some may take things more seriously than others.
- Drop Andy an email to discuss how you can structure your club with Exec positions.
- Have an open meeting inviting all members to get together to discuss what the goals of the new Club/Society are, what recources you need and what support you need from staff.
- A decision is made whether the club will be a formally affiliated club or not.
- Host a trial session/game/meeting and invite all prospective members.
- Collect member details and decide on an exec body if the club is viable.
- Decide on when your regular sessions will be and what recourses are required.
- Exec members complete induction training session with Andy.
- Enjoy your new Club/Society!
Who is here to help?
Andy Jefferies - Student Services Support Officer for Sports & Societies
Andy is here to help you with everything, from booking rooms to advising on kit procurement and how to recruit more members and advise on membership prices
Emily Pain - SU Clubs and Societies Rep
Emily is a full time student but is here to help all the Clubs and Societies from a grass-roots level. Emily is a good source of information on the in's and out's of the club's day-to-day activites.