- Find out who else shares your interest (groups on Facebook are really handy!)
- Make sure you're all on the same page, some may take things more seriously than others.
- Drop Andy an email to discuss how you can structure your club with Exec positions.
- Have an open meeting inviting all members to get together to discuss what the goals of the new Club/Society are, what recources you need and what support you need from staff.
- A decision is made whether the club will be a formally affiliated club or not.
- Host a trial session/game/meeting and invite all prospective members.
- Collect member details and decide on an exec body if the club is viable.
- Decide on when your regular sessions will be and what recourses are required.
- Exec members complete induction training session with Andy.
- Enjoy your new Club/Society!
Who is here to help?
Andy Jefferies - Sports & Societies Officer
Andy is here to help you with everything, from booking rooms to advising on kit procurement and how to recruit more members and advise on membership prices
Toby Cleave - SU Societies Rep
Toby is a full time student but is here to help all the Societies from a grass-roots level. Toby is a good source of information on the in's and out's of the societies' day-to-day activities.
Rosy Louis- SU Sports Rep
Rosy is a full time student but is here to help all the Clubs from a grass-roots level. Rosy is a good source of information on the in's and out's of the club's day-to-day activities.